Monday, June 12, 2006

I'm in my 30s. I'm a religious Jew. I was just diagnosed with ADD

Who cares? Plenty of people have Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD). Even more people suspect they have ADD. Heck, plenty of people like to pretend they have ADD. All good reasons not to care.

The news, frankly, is far from spectacular.

But not to me.

I wasn't born yesterday. I've been on this planet for 33 years; almost 34. Learning I have ADD is akin to discovering that I'm actually from another planet and the sense of not fitting in that I've felt my whole life suddenly has an explanation.

Here's my story. I think it's an important one to share. Maybe you'll agree.

1 Comments:

Blogger ADDeRabbi said...

ever see the x-men films. i love the scenes where the teenagers discover that they are mutants and, in fact, a different species of human. i feel like that sometimes, too (the metaphor goes further, but that's for another time).

9/25/2006 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home